Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Zbrush




I've been doing a lot of cleaning lately. Some of it's been digital, moving all my old files onto my portable HD just to clear up space. Today I came across some of my old Zbrush 2 stuff. I bought Zbrush 2 during one of Billy & Mandy's cancellations with the intention of teaching to myself. These pictures were taken from some of the tutorials. "Make a human head" and "Make some armor" were about as far as I got before Billy & Mandy ate my life again. It was a really fun program; more like sculpting clay or painting than the point-pulling madness I'd come to expect from other 3D programs.

Maybe I'll get back into it someday, but first I think I need to learn Illustrator. Not having the luxury of a dedicated cleanup artist has sort of sucked of late...

And yeah, I guess there's a bit of Skarr in this guy, but mostly I just didn't know how to make decent looking hair. ;)

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's creepy.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he looks creepie l like it

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny- I thought it looked a bit like you.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Thomas Fummo said...

Great!

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks like a Diablo 2 character, the one following Diablo comes to me mind.

if someday you can make a Mandy like that would be awesome, or a witch Mindy would be cool too. I guess a Billy would be great because of the huge nose in 3d, basicly you just have to draw a balloon with some red hair at the back :P

I guess a Grim would be easier.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, is Skarr going to be in EVERY single one of your shows?

Not that I'm complaining, he's an awesome character, but you just can't seem to let him go.

4:33 PM  
Blogger ZSL said...

medievel general skarr?

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would u ever consider making a 3d series or movie?

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to bother you but....Can ya please post the skarr fight storyboard soon?Or atleast a cool fight from Underfist?

10:26 AM  
Blogger Dom B. Rock said...

wow, that is awesome~!

11:30 AM  
Blogger JamiSings said...

I like him. Even if he kind of looks like he's saying "Who farted?" while sniffing really deeply. I can totally imagine him as one of those people whom you think is evil, but really is a sweetheart who loves puppies and picking wildflowers. Unless you pull a puppy's tail. Then he gets all evil on you.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news!Underfist is finally on cartoon network video....cartoonnetwork.com/video

5:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

juli's right -- he's got your eyebrows (& something else, too, but I can't put my finger on it).

6:33 PM  
Blogger xxsmarsxx.deviantart.com said...

that's great! you did that? maybe I should look into giving zbrush a go...MAYA has left a bad taste in my mouth as a 2d student.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Maxwell Atoms said...

Hey Anonymous.

I wouldn't worry about Skarr showing up in another show I do. CN owns him, so I won't be working with his character (or any other from the B&M universe) anymore.

Unfortunately, Solomon, it looks like programs like Maya are still an enormous help when using Zbrush. Part of the reason my guy's got no eyelids is because there's no real good way to cut holes in your mesh using Zbrush. Or at least there wasn't in Zbrush 2.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home