The Comic Book That Never Was
After finishing the two pages for Deady, I got bit by the comic bug and decided to do my own. I'm always happiest when I'm working (at least mentally) on two or three different projects, and I've had a story I wanted to tell in comic form so I started screwing around on my then new Wacom screen.
I knew if I was going to do a comic in my "spare time", it would have to be something I could do relatively quickly. The images below were tests I did completely on the tablet just to see if I could crank things out fast enough to actually get it done.
The images above and below were roughed out freehand with the pencil tool in Photoshop, then cleaned-up and filled with the polygonal lasso tool. The above image came out pretty good, all things considered. The one below feels too jaggy to me. Eventually I abandoned the method.
The image below is a variation on the female character up top. This one I sketched out with the pencil tool and then colored over top as though I were using markers. It came out okay. Of course, finally, I dropped the entire comic because Billy and Mandy's Big Boogey Adventure dropped in my lap like a ton of spiked cinderblocks.